My Journey in film began in New York City 2001 with the documentation of the 9/11 events, which was recognized and published in feature movies by companies such as HBO, CNN, NHK, National Geographic and The History Channel. All of this work had global distribution with well over 35 million viewers, including an Emmy Award for the HBO publication. Since then I have found myself working on indie features, television commercials and music videos, and in roles such as director, director of photography, art director, graphic designer, and production assistant. Since the beginning of 2016, I began focusing my role in motion pictures as a director for commercial and independent projects.
See my IMDB page here: http://www.imdb.me/derekjohnsonphoto
Corporate Videos: Directed, DP, Produced, Edited
Short Films: Directed, DP, Produced, Edited
Documentary Films: Directed, DP, Produced, Edited
911 Documentary Work
1. The most published scene I filmed from 9/11. It contributed to an Emmy win, and helped garner other awards.
2. CameraPlanet 9/11 Archive: http://thecameraplanetarchive.magnify.net/
3. HBO 9/11 Documentary “In Memoriam”; also on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com
4. History Channel Documentary: “102 Minutes that Changed America“
5. History Channel Documentary: “9/11: The Days After“
6. National Geographic: Explorer series
7. NHK Documentary: “5 People Who Filmed 9/11″; broadcast to over 30 million worldwide.
Music Videos: Directed, DP, Edited
Time Lapse, Stop Motion, Animaion:
Experimental Videos: Directed, DP, Produced, Edited